start monday with gratitude
daily gratitude practice
Think of 5 things that you know you have to do but which you don’t particularly enjoy doing.
Think how they benefit your life, how they make your life better or easier as a result.
And express gratitude for them.
Think of 5 things you put off doing until you can’t avoid them anymore, 5 things that you would rather not do if you could avoid them.
Find ways in which those 5 things actually make your life better or easier and express gratitude for them.
Consider the 10 things you expressed gratitude for on Wednesday and Thursday.
When you found ways that these 10 things made your life easier or better and expressed gratitude for them as a result, did you find it such a task to do them?
Do you see that by finding the positive in anything and expressing gratitude, that it makes it easier to perform those tasks?
Will you, going forward, better enjoy those tasks and not put them off for as long, now you know how they benefit you?
Think of 5 things that you struggle to do.
It’s not that you’d prefer to avoid doing them or would prefer not to do them at all. Rather they’re a struggle for you to do, they’re difficult for you to do.
Even though they’re a struggle for you, you still do them. So, they must bring some benefit to your life.
What are those benefits?
Express your gratitude for these 5 things and the benefits they bring.
Think of 5 mundane tasks that you do every day or every week.
How do you feel when you think of them?
How do you feel when you perform them?
Now, using your imagination, re-create them into something marvellous, until they become tasks that you feel excited about, tasks you’re grateful to complete.
When you change your view of these tasks how will you feel the next time you think about them or perform them?
This week's high vibe tune invites us to consider every minute as happy hour
how to download your wallpaper
Before copying one of the pictures below, you'll want to quickly check your screen settings because the worst thing you can do is use a wallpaper with an aspect ratio that differs from the aspect ratio of your screen.
The aspect ratio of a rectangle is simply the proportion between width and height. The most common are 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3. And it will be for these 3 sizes that I shall provide you with your free wallpaper.
To find your screen resolution follow this basic guide. Steps for your computer may vary slightly but I hope this will give you some guidance:
- Right-click the desktop and select Display settings.
- Scroll down until you see "Resolution" (you may have to choose an "Advanced" option)
- To find your aspect ratio, divide the width over the height. For example, if my resolution is 1920 x 1080 then I would divide 1920 over 1080 to get 1.778, which indicates a 16:9 resolution. Similarly, 1.6 indicated 16:10 and 1.333 indicates 4:3
- When you've calculated your screen's aspect ratio, go to the picture below that matches that size
- Right click on the picture and select "Set as Desktop Background"
- Choose whether to "Fill", "Fit", or "Stretch" your picture - if you've chosen the right size "Fit" will be your best option
- Select "Set Desktop Background" and you're done
- First, save the wallpaper image to your phone by pressing your finger on the wallpaper image and hold down on it until you see a menu.
- From here, click the “Save image” tab, and it will begin downloading.
- The next step is to set this saved image as your wallpaper by pressing and holding a blank area on your screen (meaning where no apps are placed), and home screen options will appear.
- Select 'add wallpaper' and choose whether the wallpaper is intended for 'Home screen', 'Lock screen', or 'Home and lock screen'.
- Another set of options will appear where you can choose where the photo you would like to use will be coming from, namely the Gallery.
- If necessary, crop the image to a suitable size. Once satisfied, simply click 'Done'.
- First, save the wallpaper image to your phone by pressing your finger on the wallpaper image and hold down for about 2 seconds until a menu appears.
- From here, click “Save Image“, and it will begin downloading.
- The next step is to set this saved image as your wallpaper by, first, going to the 'Photos' app and selecting the wallpaper photo you've saved there.
- Click on the share icon on the lower left corner of the screen, then select 'Use as Wallpaper'.
- Then choose to set the photo as either the lock screen, home screen or both.